About Me

My photo
We have two BEAUTIFUL girls named Logann and Lorann. We couldn't be happier!!

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Story of Lorann's Birth









Lorann's story begins around 9pm on Tuesday evening.  I thought that my water may have broken, so I made a call to the doctor.  He instructed me to keep an eye on it and wait for contractions.  By 9:30, I knew that it had definitely broken.  With Doug and my mom alerted, the adventure began.  I scrurried around the house to get the last minute stuff done.  Doug and my mom got here around 10:30.  By 10:45, I started having contractions and they were coming fast.  We all hopped in our cars and headed to the hospital.  In the car, the contractions started coming between 2-3 minutes apart.  By the time we arrived at the hospital I was dilated to almost a 5 and by the time the anesthesiologist showed up for my epidural I was dilated to an 8.  It was too late:(  The doctor soon arrived and with 2 contractions and 4 pushes out shot Lorann...literally covering the doctor with amniotic fluid, face and all;).  She was born at 12:56 am, weighing 7 lbs 1 oz and measuring 18.5 in long.  She is a little mini Logann, totally beautiful and perfect! 

It's been a very different experience than that with Logann, fast and furious!!  The breast feeding is going well, too...THANK GOODNESS:)  We are all doing really well and Logann is adjusting to being a big sister perfectly.  She loves kissing Lorann and is very gentle.

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!!! She is so precious!!!!!! Wow, what a labor story! I am so so glad you shared!!!! A huge congrats!!!! You are so blessed!!! Can't wait to get to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorann came out so fast!! How nice! I know that you were hoping for an easier birth this time around, and I think you got your wish! (Well, except for the part where you didn't get an epidural!)
    Lorann is BEAUTIFUL! I love her round face!

    Congrats again to your little family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I am SOOOOO sorry you didn't get your epidural-no fun. Lorann is beautiful, and I so glad that Logann is doing great with her new sister. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did amazing!!! Congrats to the whole Brown family! (and I am so glad BF is going well!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a story! Lorann is a girl who sounds like she knows what she wants...as in, "I want outa here, so here I come!"

    I was at an 8 too with my second when we got the the hospital, but I was able to get an epidural because the anesthesiologist happened to be in the room right next door...so you are my hero!! Nice work mama :o)

    Thanks for sharing all the pictures and the story so quicky - your readers appreciate it!! :o)

    ReplyDelete